Running The Ridge
October 3 @ 7:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT
Running the Ridge is a 5K that takes place in beautiful Blue Ridge, Georgia on October 3rd @ 8:00 am. We will also be hosting a 1-mile Family Fun Run. All proceeds will go to benefit the “Steve Roath Cancer Fund”, and we will also make a 10% donation “In Memory of Steve Roath” to the Fannin County School System’s Children’s Fund.
Registration closes on 9/28/20 at midnight. You can register the morning of race day, however after September 28th we do not guarantee t-shirts.
DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS WE WILL IMPLEMENT THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS:
- We are not requiring masks, however we request that you wear a mask until the race begins.
- Registration will begin at 7:00 am… we will have several tables set up for registration to help with social distancing.
- At registration you will be given a location where to remain until your section is called to begin the 5K. Your section will be called in timed increments.
- To prevent us from a large gathering, we will be posting all results online and mailing rewards to top winners. Please refrain from gathering together after the race.
Steve Roath was a founding pastor at The Ridge Community Church who lost his battle with cancer in 2018. Steve lived to help others and was troubled in his final days with the realization that he would not be here to provide for his wife, Tiffany, who is currently re-establishing her business. The proceeds from Running The Ridge will help provide for day to day needs for Tiffany, her son, Payton, who attends Fannin County High School and her daughter, Cassidy, who is attending law school in New Orleans. Our desire is to honor Steve by committing to a 3-year plan to help meet their financial needs as his family is restructuring their lives without him. 2020 will be our second term in this commitment. During 2019 we were able to raise $6300 for the Roath family with a donation of $675 to the Fannin County Children’s Fund. This year we are hoping to beat that!!
Running the Ridge will begin at The Ridge Community Church (960 Millholland Rd. / Mineral Bluff, Georgia 30559) and will loop across the Blue Ridge Dam, turn around at the small park on the left, just past the dam.
You will receive your race bib and bag during registration the morning of the race. Awards will be given to men and women in the following age groups:
- GRAND PRIZE
- Under 10
- 60 and up
Thank you to this year’s business sponsors!
GOLD SPONSORS INCLUDE:
- Chief Facility Defense
- Blue Ridge Manufacturing
- Blue Jean Pizza
- K & S Tank LIne
SILVER SPONSORS INCLUDE:
- New Blue Home and Gift
- Lake Shore Logistics
BRONZE SPONSORS INCLUDE:
- United Community Bank, Blue Ridge
- Steven M. Levinson P.C.
For more information, contact the race coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org