And let us not neglect our meeting together…but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. – Hebrews 10:25
Hebrews 10 conveys the importance of the church physically gathering together for fellowship and worship. It’s been so exciting to see both new and familiar faces gathering together for our Sunday morning worship services. Since reopening our worship center five months ago, we have been able to provide a number of safety measures to ensure that everyone who desires to attend our services in-person can enjoy a safe and comfortable environment. However, with winter approaching and temperatures dropping, we are anticipating some changes that will be necessary in order to maintain the same level of safety and comfort that you’ve come to expect. For instance, we anticipate that in the coming weeks, as cooler weather moves in, the possibility of providing our live streaming service in the Steve Roath Pavilion will no longer be an option.
Therefore, I am excited to announce that on November 15, we will be adding a third worship service to our Sunday morning schedule! This new worship service will begin at 8 a.m., and will incorporate strict social distancing and safety measures. Our goal is to meet the needs of our immunocompromised members while also providing an additional worship option for everyone.Below you will find the new Sunday worship schedule, as well as a description of the additional safety procedures we will follow for the 8 a.m. service.
Sunday Worship Schedule
Beginning November 15
- 8 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m. (Changed from 9:15am)
- 11 a.m. (RidgeKidz Ministry will be provided during this service only)
Additional Safety Measures for 8 a.m. Worship Service:
- Masks will be mandatory for all attendees, staff and volunteers during the entire worship service. The only exceptions will be speaking and worship from the platform.
- Temperatures will be taken as you enter the building (utilizing handheld infra-red devices).
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed at all times.
- The sanctuary will be disinfected prior to the 8 a.m. service only, utilizing an EPA certified fogger*
* Category IV rated disinfectant (The EPA safest rating). This product kills Covid-19 in less than 60 seconds and is odorless and leaves no residue.
I am looking forward to seeing more and more of our Ridge family in the days and weeks to come. I truly believe we are better when we are together. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our church office at 706-258-2330. Blessings to you and your family.
Lead Pastor, The Ridge Community Church