Resources for Parents
The Ridge Community Church believes that parents are uniquely and particularly positioned by God to powerfully and positively impact the lives of their children. We are committed to supplying parents with helpful tools to inform, disciple, and encourage their kids to think clearly and critically about what they believe, so that their children’s faith will remain strong as they grow into adulthood, so that they would be able to live out their faith in Christ for a lifetime.
Information on current issues that your kids face every day.
- Axis – An organization that interprets today’s culture from a solid Biblical perspective.
- The Culture Translator – A free resource from Axis that interprets the top things that are happening in your child’s world each week.
- Focus on the Family’s Parenting Page – Various topics on parenting from a Christian world view.
- EPIC For Kids Facebook Page – A Facebook page designed to raise awareness of current issues facing your kids:
- Heartlight – Parenting Today’s Teens: Help with the turbulent teen years.
- Single / Blended Family Parenting – Help for single parents and blended family parents.
Talking To Your Kids
Help with having a life-long conversation with your kid.
- Aha! Parenting, 180 Conversation starters for family discussion – Great one line questions to launch discussions.
- Ideas for Getting the Conversation Going With Your Kids: An article on where you can start, by Robert McArthur.
Getting Personal Help
When you need someone to come along side you.
- Reach Out to us on the form at the bottom of this page and someone from the Ridge who is experienced in Biblical Counseling will contact you to see how we as a church family can best come along side and provide personal, individualized support and direction for you, based on a Biblical World View…with complete confidentiality.
- Hotlines List: For immediate help, this is a comprehensive listing of hotlines. They are all available 24/7, 100% Confidential, and FREE.
- DrugRehab.com. Provides information and support to people fighting substance abuse and addiction.
Please feel free to contact us
Robert and Jesse McArthur