Because God has blessed us so richly here at The Ridge, we believe Matthew 5:15 calls us to be a blessing to others. The mission of The Ridge is to Love God, Love People and Make A Difference. Serve 365 is our call to live out our mission.
Serving Our Community
Matthew 5:16 instructs us to let our light shine before others, “that they may see our good deeds and glorify our Father in heaven.”
In past years, The Ridge had set aside one Sunday in September as Service Sunday, when the entire church went out into the community to complete service projects and share the Gospel. By coming together as the body of Christ, we acted as His hands and feet to meet the needs in our community.
For so many of you the desire was to do even more. We listened, and are pleased to announce Serve 365. This exciting initiative will allow us to embrace a servant’s heart throughout the year, not just on Service Sunday. Starting in September, we invite you, The Ridge congregation, to join with select local organizations to launch a season of service, September 15th through October 27th .
To kick off Serve 365, make plans to worship together as one church body on September 15, at 10:30 a.m., and demonstrate the love of God by loving people and making a difference.
The Ridge partners with local organizations that are equipped to know the needs of those in our local community. Join church-sponsored and local area partner projects to serve, according to the Lord’s leading. Let your light shine through good deeds that glorify God and make a difference. On Sunday, September 15th, we will:
- Worship together as one congregational in the Roath Pavilion. Service at 10:30 a.m
- Pray for those who are lost, hurting and in need.
- Meet with partner organizations immediately following the service and sign up for one or more service projects scheduled between 9/16 – 10/27.
- Enjoy food, fellowship and fun as we celebrate God’s bountiful gifts and special calling on our lives to serve others.
- Invite your friends to join The Ridge on this very special day.
Our goal is that this “Season of Service” serves as a model for our congregation and community in the coming year. All are invited to join us on September 15th for Serve 365.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Serve 365.